Reggio Emilia International Study Week
From 7-12 April 2019
REANZ Study Tour to Italy April 2019
Educationalists Jerome Bruner and Howard Gardner have said that the educational opportunities that are offered by schools and preschools in Reggio Emilia are amongst the best in the world:
"To really understand how these infant toddler centres and preschools exist, one needs to see them for oneself".
This experience will inspire you to think more deeply about teaching and learning in your setting in Aotearoa New Zealand. As a participant you will have opportunities to reflect on:
- The cultural context of Reggio Emilia
- The image of the child and the teacher
- The notion of the environment as third teacher
- The notion of pedagogy of listening
- Making learning visible through documentation
- The role of the pedagogista and your role as a professional leader
- And so much more…
2019 REANZ Co-Leaders Anne Meade and Diti Hill-Denee
Reach Across the Tasman Conference & Study Tour 2019
Dates: Sunday 1st September - Saturday 7th September
Reggio Emilia Aotearoa New Zealand (REANZ) brings you this exciting opportunity to visit Early Childhood Centres and Schools that are implementing innovative curriculum.
As a participant on a past tour said...
“This has been the most effective professional development that I have been involved in during 25 years in education”.
Cost:- $2700, share twin room in an apartment. $3100 Single room sharing in an apartment. includes:
- Flights ex Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland (the travel agent will be in contact once the registration numbers confirmed)
- Insurance (extra may be charged to cover pre-existing conditions)
- Group transfers from and to Melbourne airport
- Accommodation is at Punt Hill Apartments, Flinders Street. This is a 4 star establishment.
- All costs of the study tour including transport and lunches
We have new accomodation in the heart of the city. Apartments on Lygon are no longer offering short term stays and we have been fortunate to secure a group booking at Punt Apartments. It is a 4 star establishment and costs associated with accomodation for the study tour, reflect this change.
A deposit of $1,000. is to be paid to secure your place. The balance to be paid before 1st July. You will have two facilitators with you to support unpacking and creating meaning from the experiences you encounter.
2019 REANZ Co-Hosts Glenys Waller and Bridgette Towle
Encounters with Reggio Emilia
- thoughts and reflections from Dianne Akast
The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education has intrigued, inspired and provoked my thinking for many years now but nothing can compare to the reality of participating with more than three hundred educators from around the world in a weeklong series of encounters with the city of Reggio Emilia, its citizens and educational approach. Read More
“NOTHING WITHOUT JOY”
Reflections from the 2010 Melbourne Study Tour
When I stepped off the plane in an unfamiliar place, I thought I had no preconceived notions of what to expect. However over the coming week I realised just how much my personal cultural values affect my my image of children, and my image of myself a teacher. Therefore my reflections of the tour have been focused on ‘the big picture’ with regards to concepts of community and one’s sense of self within society rather than the specifics of individual early learning centres.